This 'Munsters' tribute features several versions of the pilot episode(s), A commercial, a promotional short, and a trailer:
- My Fair Munster (1964) This is the first official pilot - produced in 1964 - but unaired. Filmed in color - this pilot features a slightly different cast with Joan Marshall as Phoebe (not Lilly) Munster and Happy Derman as Eddie. This short segment is the only known surviving color footage. Next, the complete 17-minute black-and-white version of that pilot.
- The Second Pilot (1964) The unaired version of the second pilot that sold the series with the familiar 1964-66 cast. This unaired version has different music, titles and makeup, most noticeable in Eddie’s hair-style.
- The Munster’s Cheerios Commercial (1965) With the series cast.
- The Munsters at Marineland (Promo) (1965) a CBS TV promotional short for the special which aired April 18, 1965.
- Munster, Go Home! (Trailer) (1966) The promotional theatrical trailer for the 1966 film.
"A 'pilot' is a film made by a producer who wants to pitch the idea for a TV series to the networks. If the network likes the pilot, or if they air the pilot and it gets good response, the producer gets a deal to make more episodes based on the pilot... usually 13 or 26, which will then be aired. If those do well in the ratings the network will request more episodes for a series. Many pilots get made every year, some make it to the air - most don't. We have included first episodes of series in this category, even though they're technically not pilots."
Black and White or Color, 75 minutes DVDR 1964-1966
Starring: Fred Gwynne, Yvonne De Carlo, Al Lewis, Pat Priest, Butch Patrick, Mel Blanc, Bob Hastings, Beverley Owen, Joan Marshall, Happy Derman
Vendor #: 4482
Our Price: $14.99
Package: Printed Sleeve, No Picture Available